- PHE quality charter and PHE network portal launched
- New thematic working groups set to focus on policy advocacy, community outreach materials, and showcase event organisation
- Updates from members
- Madagascar PHE Network webinar in collaboration with PRB
Twenty health and environmental organisations in Madagascar have signed the world’s very first Population-Health-Environment (PHE) quality charter.
- Regional coordination meeting and learning exchange visits bringing together health and conservation organisations, supporting the development of new PHE partnerships, and strengthening their collaborative PHE initiatives
- Updates from members
Three years ago today, a diverse group of health and environmental actors came together and decided to establish… the Madagascar PHE Network!
- National workshops about health-related behaviour change communication tools, cross-sector responses to the issue of mosquito net fishing, and PHE “storytelling” (collection and dissemination of testimonies alongside data)
- Updates from members including a TEDx talk and Reuters article about PHE initiatives in Madagascar
PHE partnerships guide and PHE story cards available now to download!
- New health programme launches with potential for PHE partnerships
- Integrated PHE community outreach links health and environmental discussions
- Crossing coasts to share PHE learning and experiences
- Health agencies present at regional MIHARI Locally Managed Marine Area forums
- Going the final mile to reach isolated communities with health services
- Health-environment partnerships take off as regional forums connect field teams
- More than 55,000 people reached by PHE network members to date!
- Productive networking and coordination meeting in Atsimo-Andrefana
Efforts to advance sustainable development in Madagascar received a boost last week as more than 20 health and conservation organisations came together to establish new partnerships and share learning about joint initiatives.
Health and conservation organisations are meeting this week with representatives of several Ministries in order to advance intersectoral partnerships with the aim of improving the health of Madagascar’s people and ecosystems.
- Connecting networks: PHE at the Madagascar Locally Managed Marine Area forum
- Madagascar’s progress celebrated at a regional PHE conference in Kenya
- Health-environment partnerships continue to flourish
- PHE highlighted at a roundtable discussion about biodiversity conservation with the President of Madagascar
- Working across sectors to combat malaria and safeguard coastal food security
- Family planning partnerships continue apace
- Introducing our new network outreach officer
- Policy meeting highlights how PHE contributes to Madagascar’s National Development Plan and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Expanding access to family planning in Madagascar’s biodiversity hotspots
- Madagascar represented at East African PHE Networks meeting in Uganda